Another major release by mozilla for firefox on 31th Jan 2012. A gift to firefox lovers with this new version 10.0 . I would like to share some of the key update and few unresolved issues still pending in firefox.
New features in firefox 10.0
- Â The forward button is now hidden until you navigate back.
- Most add ons are compatible with firefox by default now (Good news for add on junkies).
- Anti-aliasing for webgl is now implemented (see bug 615976)
- CSS3 3D-transforms are now supported (see bug 505115)
- HTML 5 New <bdi> element for bi-directional text isolation, along with supporting CSS properties (see bugs 613149 and 662288)
- Full Screen APIs allow you to build a web application that runs full screen (see the feature page)
- For developers mozilla has added IndexedDB APIs to more closely match the specification.
- Inspect too with content highlighting, included new CSS style Inspector.
- Mac OS X only – after installing the latest Java release from Apple, Firefox may crash when closing a tab with a Java applet installed.
- Some users may experience a crash when moving bookmarks
Known Unresolved issues
- Two-digit browser version numbers may cause a small number of website incompatibilities (see 690287)
- If you try to start Firefox using a locked profile, it will crash
- For some users, scrolling in the main GMail window will be slower than usual.
- Firefox notifications may not work properly with Growl 1.3 or later which has been fixed in firefox 11
- Silverlight video may not play on some Macintosh hardware
These are the highlighted new feature, fixed issues and known unresolved issues. This dedication of the firefox developed made firefox one of the best browser in the whole world.
Firefox Home, a free application, is now available for download on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Firefox Home provides access to your Firefox desktop history, bookmarks and open tabs on your iPhone. Get up and go and have exactly what you are looking for on the Web on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Firefox Home uses your browser data, securely synced from Firefox on your desktop to the cloud, to let you search and browse quickly and efficiently. You can view the sites you want directly in Firefox Home, open them in Mobile Safari or share them with friends via email. Your Firefox data is private and only you have access to it.
If you have Firefox Sync on your desktop, skip to step #3.
- Install Firefox Sync, a free add-on for Firefox, on your desktop.
- Restart Firefox and follow prompts to create an account with both a password and a secret phrase.
- Go the App Store on your iPhone and search for â€œFirefox Homeâ€ or install it directly from iTunes.
- Launch Firefox Home on your iPhone. Youâ€™ll be prompted to enter your Firefox Sync account info. Enter your username, password and Secret Phrase and tap â€œDone.â€
More detailed set-up instructions are available, as well as a answers to frequently asked questions.
Opera tantalized everyone last week with its proclamation that the Norwegian company was about to reinvent the Web. We were skeptical at best. Here we are on launch day and, well, the Web kind of feels the same, but Opera has announced its latest and greatest innovation, dubbed Opera Unite. According to the post at Opera Labs, Opera Unite is an application that will turn any computer running the software into a web server. Users running Opera Unite will be able to share content with multiple computers over the Internet through the web browser, or even web applications called Unite services. Opera is pushing the service as a social media tool that requires no third party service, no complicated setup and no additional fees. Your data shared from your computer, on your terms and under your control. The service will launch with a few demo applications including Opera Unite Jukebox, an in-browser media player, and an instant messaging application. Opera Unite will work on Mac, Windows and Linux PCs with expansion to mobile browsers and other devices expected in the future. An alpha version of the Opera Unite software is now available for download.