Blogs were originally only meant to be Web Logs, or personal journals for members of on-line communities to stay in touch, sort of like underground news media. But, it didn’t take long for net-entrepreneur (internet entrepreneurs) to catch on to their popularity and to find ways to use them to make money. The human mind is infinitely creative and nothing really stays the same.
This awesome entrepreneurial spirit transmogrified Blogs into what they are today: very powerful marketing weapons that have almost made some other forms of advertising, redundant. It never ceases to surprise me how ingenious people are when it comes to finding new ways to generate cash flow, particularly in web marketing what a power-house!! It leaves real-world business for dead (in my opinion).
Traditional safe lists are becoming somewhat threadbare. Isn’t it amazing how quickly business changes on the Net, and isn’t it weird how safe list people spin their wheels by posting, posting, posting, when most messages go to junk in-boxes to be automatically deleted. You can send out a whole lot of messages with safe lists, but only a tiny percentage are likely to be actually read by a real person. Maybe that’s why email traffic is threatening to choke the Internet. Because of this, many canny web business people have now shifted to Blogs as their main tool for promotion. Many others, like me – who continue to believe that safe lists have a role (when properly used) -have made Blogs a valuable extra facility in their marketing tool box.
Blogs have become so popular because they are so very user-friendly for advertising. They are practical, easy to set up and very convenient to use. Keeping content up to date is very easy for webmasters who otherwise would have to spend hours uploading and downloading files. Be warned, however, that setting up a Free Blog, will mean you will have a lot of other people’s ads on it (There’s no such thing as a free lunch). It’s always worth paying because, yes, you get what you pay for.
Anyway, There are probably five key methods (and a whole lot more) you can use to ensure that Blogs pump up your web profits.
1. BLOGS ARE MAGNETS FOR SEARCH ENGINES: Go on, get on to Google and, whatever topic you search, you’ll inevitably see that the search engines have thrown up a number of Blogs in the top ten results. This is because Blogs are constantly showing fresh, new and key word friendly content just like your web pages should; that’s a Blog’s very reason for being. Imagine the value to you of having your own Blog pop in the top end of search results. The ubiquitous search engines clamour to highlight fresh, appropriate content they love it. Constantly renewedÃ‚Â and freshened Blogs leave stale, ageing (and rarely updated) web sites for dead.
2. BLOGS LOVE TO LINK TO EACH OTHER: Yes, Blogs love to stick together, creating networking heaven. Just one link on your Blog could see visitors drop in from all over the place. Wow visitors queueing to click your links; how powerful is that for an advertising and traffic generating system. Awesome.
3. YOUR CUSTOMERS WILL APPRECIATE REGULARLY HEARING FROM YOU: You see, Blogs today have this great comment facility which means your people your customers can ask you questions and give you valuable feedback almost immediately. This is almost like a chat system, and is quicker than email. Forget about having to manipulate your source codes, Blogs make this unnecessary. Blogs have an amazing comment system that allows your customers to immediately post feedbacks and queries. And that’s what service on the net is all about today quick responses, dependable advice and getting what you want, when you want. Now. And Blogs can do it.
4. PUMP UP YOUR ADSENSE PROFITS: If you’re into Pay Per Click marketing, well Blogs are ideal for you. Then can stimulate even more regular traffic than your basic garden variety web site. Google AdSense, god bless ’em, even lets Blog owners show as many as three appropriate ads, and these must relate to your theme and content, on their Blog pages. It’s Blogging marvellous!! Here’s the key reason why your Blog should have a niche, a specific theme, a targeted audience. Take time to give some thought to this when you set up a Blog. What about AdSense? The more visitors and they’re likely only dropping in because of what you specifically offer – who click on your Blog’s Adsense ads, the more income you can earn.
5. BLOGS ARE A DREAM FOR AFFILIATE MARKETERS: Like me, I just bet you are enrolled in more affiliate programs than you can count. The problem is how to continue to promote all of them. ANSWER You can easily use Blog reviews. Simply design each Blog entry around the particular affiliate program you want to focus on that day. Extol the virtues of the program, product, service or what-ever, give good advice about the PROs and the CONs (this objectivity impresses the hell out of potential buyers who are usually pleased with honesty) and include your affiliate link, almost as an after-thought. This is not hard-sell territory. This is the soft-sell Most 21st century people run a mile from hard sellers but they will take time to listen if they believe you are giving good, solid, valuable advice. Providing such good, valuable info encourages your people to come back for more. Hey, you don’t even need to create an individual page for every affiliate program because Blogging makes this unnecessary. What a time saver!!
Whew. Blogs do get me a bit excited. And these tips are only the tip of the iceberg. I am sure you can be creative in the marketing use of your Blogs because they have enormous potential. Just check out the exponential growth of Blogs today and you’ll see what I mean. If you want fresh Blog ideas, all you have to do is cruise through a few of them. Check out what the pros are doing and, do the same. Remember, imitation is the ultimate form of flattery.
Don’t let anyone try to tell you that the bottom is falling out of web marketing. The awesome growth and popularity of Blogs shows that they could not be more wrong.