Another major release by mozilla for firefox on 31th Jan 2012. A gift to firefox lovers with this new version 10.0 . I would like to share some of the key update and few unresolved issues still pending in firefox.
New features in firefox 10.0
- Â The forward button is now hidden until you navigate back.
- Most add ons are compatible with firefox by default now (Good news for add on junkies).
- Anti-aliasing for webgl is now implemented (see bug 615976)
- CSS3 3D-transforms are now supported (see bug 505115)
- HTML 5 New <bdi> element for bi-directional text isolation, along with supporting CSS properties (see bugs 613149 and 662288)
- Full Screen APIs allow you to build a web application that runs full screen (see the feature page)
- For developers mozilla has added IndexedDB APIs to more closely match the specification.
- Inspect too with content highlighting, included new CSS style Inspector.
- Mac OS X only – after installing the latest Java release from Apple, Firefox may crash when closing a tab with a Java applet installed.
- Some users may experience a crash when moving bookmarks
Known Unresolved issues
- Two-digit browser version numbers may cause a small number of website incompatibilities (see 690287)
- If you try to start Firefox using a locked profile, it will crash
- For some users, scrolling in the main GMail window will be slower than usual.
- Firefox notifications may not work properly with Growl 1.3 or later which has been fixed in firefox 11
- Silverlight video may not play on some Macintosh hardware
These are the highlighted new feature, fixed issues and known unresolved issues. This dedication of the firefox developed made firefox one of the best browser in the whole world.